Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Night to Remember!




Last night was a special treat for us - we were able to get together with a really special friend who we hadn't seen since we moved to Seattle in 1996. A little background here: JoAnn worked in the Ph.D. department of the school of Social work at U.T. Arlington where I was an undergraduate. As part of my financial aid package, I had a work study component where I had to work a minimum number of hours a week in order to get my grant. In order to fulfill the requirement, I had to find the work and fortunately, the Ph.D. department was one of the first places I checked for work. There JoAnn was and we hit it off right away and she hired me on the spot. How lucky is that??!!

JoAnn probably doesn't realize the impact she has had on my life as well as Jim's......she is such a totally classy, vibrant and fun loving person and you just can't help but enjoy yourself when you're around her. So here's to you, JoAnn!! Thanks for such a wonderful and memorable evening - we look forward to seeing you again the next time we pass through Dallas!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jim and David!!!

    It was wonderful to finally meet you guys!! I had a terrific time at Chez Sharon et Tina. I could have listened to you for hours, and at the end of the evening, I felt I have known you for years.
    I love your blogspot! I will defenitely follow it. I did not have my glasses with me when you gave me your card, but this morning I saw the fabulous pictures of Antelope Canyon you choose.
    Are they yours? I've been there and it is an incredible place. Tolkien is dear to my heart too.
    Keep living the dreams of most of us!!!
    And remember:"Life is a book and those who don't travel, read only one page" Hugs to both!!!
    -Rosie
    PS Love the picture you posted!

    ReplyDelete