Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hanging Out With the Yerigans




Today Jennifer and Dan drove us up to see my other sister and brother in law (Wallis and Randy) who have a great house on Lake Conroe which is about an hour's drive north. What a great time we had!! Wallis and Randy really know how to make you feel welcome in their home that's for sure. Because of the extensive traveling they've done with Randy having been in the navy, they have some of the coolest furniture and artwork you could ever see. I could have probably sat for hours more and listened to more stories about the places they've traveled. When it comes time for us to visit Asia, I definitely know who I'll be contacting for suggestions!!

In addition, Wallis is a superb quilter (along with Jennifer and Randy) and she has been making beautiful art for years. In their living room is a huge - and I mean huge - quilting machine that can be used for really big projects. I would say it roughly measures 12 feet long by 4 feet wide. Randy calls it his Harley, but unfortunately, I can't remember the name of it at the moment. At any rate, we all got a chance to give it a try and that was a hoot! It was also a real treat to see my nephew Danny, who I hadn't seen in I can't tell you how many years. Wallis and Randy are planning on moving up to Bozeman, Montana in six months or so to enjoy their retirement and be closer to Randy's family. We're really happy for them and wish them the very best for the future!
(in the picture of the four of us is - from left to right - Jennifer, Randy, Wallis and me. You can see Dan with Jennifer in the other pictures of the two of them at the quilting machine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment