Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Palm Tree Grows at La Finca




Just call me Mr. Greenjeans! As you probably have seen from the pictures, there are a fair number of palm trees around the property which drop their coconuts regularly. Well, apparently it doesn’t take long once they hit the ground to start to root and sprout a tree and there were four such coconuts that had fallen right near the Manager’s Cabin at some point before we got here. Now the Manager’s Cabin already has a lot of big trees around it and really doesn’t need any more plantings so I decided to dig them up sooner rather than later and plant them elsewhere around the property. The four plants that you see here are about 2-3 feet tall but I have no idea how fast they grow. Of course, I doubt they’ll get that huge over the next two months were here, but someday, I’m sure they’ll be lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment