Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It had the promise of a lovely day. I woke up to pleasant sun and still comfortable temperatures, which is already a great way to start the day around here. As usual, Jim had gotten up before and like the angel that he is, had the freshly brewed coffee waiting downstairs. All seemed well with the world until I went to change the sheets (it was laundry day). As you may have seen from the previous pictures, we have a mosquito net over our bed which is ever so tightly tucked in on all sides and corners. In fact, when we go to bed at night, it’s quite the production - we call it the “la finca limbo” as we squeeze in under the netting. At any rate, I was changing the sheets the other morning and when I pulled off the top sheet there, tucked into the corner at the bottom of the fitted sheet was a scorpion. No kidding. It was about 2 inches long which is about as much as I could notice of it before my big baby screaming started. By the time Jim responded to my screeching with the killing broom, it was gone. So now we had a scorpion somewhere upstairs that we couldn’t find……lucky us! We tore that bed apart, pulled the mattress up with no sign of the creature so all we could assume is it scuttled out one of the cracks in the wall. Sorry there isn’t a picture for this one, but I was not quite composed enough to grab the camera. So now, in addition to the hermetically sealed bed, we turn every pillow over and lift the sheet up to inspect underneath so we can ensure we don’t have any extra bedmates……hmmm……get’s me to thinking……what would I do if I really did see something under the sheet???? There I would be, crouched beneath the tent, cautiously peering under the sheet and there would be the evil intruder clicking his little evil pinchers at me. After screeching like a parakeet, I’d probably jump back trying to get away only to get tangled up in the netting which, by this time would be tightly tucked under the mattress. There I’d be, all trussed up like a Thanksgiving turkey which probably please the scorpion to no end. Might have to come up with a better method of inspecting the bed now that I think about it…….

hmmm……how much were those rooms at the W?????


No comments:

Post a Comment