Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Update from Houston, TX

I spoke with my sister in Houston yesterday, who we're planning to stay with at the end of next month on our way to Puerto Rico. Apparently, they had some very heavy storms last Friday and their home was struck by lightening and caught on fire! She tells me the house is a total loss. Fortunately, both she and my brother in law, as well as their dog and cat, got out of the house with no problems. She tells me the neighbors have been very supportive and they are currently staying with a neighbor until the insurance company helps them find a rental house. They will be having their house rebuilt but it will probably take about six months, so please send Jennifer and Dan your good vibes as they go through this difficult time.

I found a link online from a local news station in Houston about their story. My brother in law, Dan, is interviewed on the video:

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-homestruckbylightning-story,0,5571170.story

No comments:

Post a Comment