Saturday, September 11, 2010

Substitute Blogger at Your Service

Okay, this is Jim blogging instead of David, he seems to have ran out of things to say so since that has never stopped me before…there have been many times when I have had not much to say and kept on talking…and for all of you who are nodding right now, please remind me when I see you that I don’t like you anymore. :-)

My original blog was going to be about all of the bugs and was partially written over a month ago and since then David has written about it, I guess I will move on to something else…what I don’t know…if it seems like I am stalling, it is because I am. There are two reasons for this delay, the first is that David has written more than 70 blog entries and has covered a number of topics along the way and the second reason is that I going into this knowing that David is a much better writer than I am, he is more interesting, a better conversationalist and has a vast knowledge that expands from great information to the most trivial of information. You know the kid in “Jerry McGuire” that stated, “Did you know that the average human head weighs more than 8 pounds?" Well I have no doubt that he got that information from David.

So what should I write about in this blog and how should I write about it? For all of you that are completely bored at this point, consider this a slight respite from the interesting blogs and pretend that David is a teacher and is out sick or on vacation and I am the substitute teacher. We “Subs” are normally not as interesting as the teacher, we really just want to the students to come to class and sit quietly in their chairs…so no talking back to the “Sub” in this blog or I am going to send you to the Principals Office! :-) This is only the beginning of the issues that I have when writing this blog, one of the other reasons is that I have to watch my language and not insert my normal amount of curse words that I would normally say, after all my mom and dad read David’s blog, so this is going to be damn hard to write this shit…oops…sorry mom and dad. :-) Nice to know that they still loves me in spite of myself!

Hey, I have an idea about what to write about…how about the absentee blogger, it is my understanding that in order to write about something you need to know the subject well or be interested in it, I can honestly say that I think I have both of these covered. So, I guess I have my subject, plus that he is asleep in the couch right now and so I think I can get away with it..tee hee!

I don’t know if I can tell you any more about the real blogger that would be at all interesting, we all know that he writes well, he is knowledgeable about many subjects, one of the nicest people that you could ever meet, he is funny, kind and hates bugs! Really hates bugs, not even exaggerating about that one! What can I tell you that other people may not know, also, did I mention that he is still asleep? You should see him he looks so peaceful and cute…my biscuit!

I guess that I could tell you that he is the love of my life, he is the air that I breath and much of my reason for living, he challenges me and makes my heart feel like it is going to burst when he smiles at me or gives me one of his very cute sad eye pouty looks. He has given me a reason to not be a workaholic and has opened my eyes to a world without corporate ladder climbing and makes every day of my life worth so much that I would not trade one minute of it even for a million dollars. We have had our many more ups and than downs over that past 17 years (almost) and each day I understand is a gift and I am so “f”ing lucky! (sorry again mom and dad).

So, I guess you can say that my blog posting is a tribute to the real blogger in our relationship and I have to say, if you look forward to reading his blog every day or once a week, just think about how really fortunate that I am that I get to live it with him, so here is to the real blogger in my life, and I hope that each person that reads this will have the same feelings about the real blogger is their life, after all, there really is no substitute for the real thing!

Thank you all for reading the blog and your real blogger will be back for the next posting…and I am sure it will be very interesting and from time to time, the “Sub” blogger will post, if the real blogger is caught napping on the couch again. Tee hee!

4 comments:

  1. That was so sweet! I'm so happy that you have each other. I love you guys and I can't wait to see you! ♥ Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You brought tears to my eyes. Love y'all bunches! Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWww! that was adorable!Thank you for giving me something to smile about when I was having a punky kind of day!..Chele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, David (the Blogger) is very, very special ~ but the two of you together are unbeatable! Love you both,
    Micheline

    ReplyDelete